Friday, June 08, 2007

Hashim

I have had several very rude comments after I sent an email to a list saying I had 'a man half finished on a piece of cloth upstairs' and bemoaning the fact that I needed fabric to finish him.

Well, I decided to clean up my stash since I couldn't work without that particular shade of high value purple. In the process, tucked between dark greens I found a piece - not identical to the other, but close enough to work. I have no idea what it was doing in the 'dark green' basket. It all felt a bit too much like 'scarlet ribbons' for my liking as I had just felt so desperate. I thought my order for fabric had gone missing and have been gnashing my teeth and metaphorically hitting my head on walls for days - so I am not going to enquire too hard about just how this happened.

Well - he is almost done. I have taken some shots. There will be a lot of quilting and a narrow lighter strip inside the very dark side so it will not look exactly like that when finished.

Trust me.

IMG_7017.JPG




IMG_7022.JPGIMG_7021.JPG

12 Comments:

Blogger Joy Manoleros said...

Jenny, he's gorgeous. The colors are so rich.
Wow.
Please post it once you've quilted him!

1:14 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jenny, Your man is totally awesome!!

4:53 am  
Blogger Helen from Canberra said...

Jenny,

He is Magnificent!!!

Cheers Helen

PS Cold and windy in the ACT this morning

8:20 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are a true artist!

12:57 pm  
Blogger Tonya Ricucci said...

gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous. Thanks for posting pics of your work now as well as travel, architecture etc. Man half finished... I can understand the snickering at that.

5:28 pm  
Blogger Lisa Walton said...

Smoke & mirrors eh!!!
Wish I had some of those or just a fraction of your talent.

3:22 pm  
Blogger Sarah Ann Smith said...

He is breathtaking! WELL DONE, Jenny! And what Lisa said!

Cheers, Sarah

11:10 pm  
Blogger Nic Bridges said...

Awesome, Jenny - you are a master of portraiture.

8:49 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jenny, Your talent and love of the Cairenes shines in this portrait. Super work! Sill miss conversations and roaming the suqs with you. Stanze

12:21 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jenny
"Hashim" is truly magnificent! You have captured a moment of mystery in the gaze of this most lovely human. The inclusion of bits of geometry in the frame is perfection and once again I am awed by your ability to portray images in cloth with talent and success.

3:42 am  
Blogger Dy said...

Absolutely wonderful!

9:31 pm  
Blogger Bernardine Hine said...

Wow, he is fantastic!! Well done, Jenny and I look forward to seeing the finished piece. Go Aussie Girl!!

9:19 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Artful Quilters Web Ring
Previous | Next | Random
Join | List
Powered by RingSurf