Tuesday, May 08, 2007

The Grand Bazaar, Istanbul

I have just been on a visit to Turkey and Spain. My blogging time is limited - I have visitors arriving tomorrow, a mass of paperwork to do, and I am still weary from travel. I will blog some of the rest of it in time, but for now I am going to do something I do only occasionally and hit you with a mass of photographs without too much explanation. The Grand Bazaar in Istanbul was more organised somehow than Damascus and cleaner than Cairo, but the window and bench displays were luscious eye candy and a paeon to consumerism!

So - enjoy the pictures.

IMG_6299.JPG


IMG_6309.JPG

IMG_6308.JPG

IMG_6306.JPG

IMG_6304.JPG

IMG_6303.JPG

IMG_6302.JPG

IMG_6300.JPG

IMG_6298.JPG

IMG_6297.JPG

IMG_6296.JPG

IMG_6295.JPG

IMG_6294.JPG


IMG_6293.JPG

IMG_6292.JPG

IMG_6290.JPG

IMG_6288.JPG

IMG_6287.JPG

IMG_6286.JPG

IMG_6284.JPG

IMG_6276.JPG

IMG_6282.JPG

IMG_6275.JPG

IMG_6273.JPG

That is it for now.

9 Comments:

Blogger Susan said...

Great photos and stories! Before sitting down to read this this morning, I had the "Blue Mosque" on my brain. I believe the Mohamed Ali mosque in Cairo at the Citadel is a replica of the Blue Mosque (though perhaps not to every last detail, at least in architecture). I visited Istabul years ago, partway through my first year in the UAE. After I lived in Cairo, I often likened the tourist experience in Instabul to that of the one in Cairo. I can't wait to hear about your travels through Spain and the photos that go w/ it!

1:27 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful photos, Jenny: thanks so much for sharing them. Love, Tena

5:27 pm  
Blogger Shirley Goodwin said...

Aaargh! Those photos are such eye andy, Jenny! I am sooooo jealous.

4:35 am  
Blogger Robert said...

Thanks, Jenny. We will be visiting Istanbul in September, and those pics whet the appetite!

10:11 am  
Blogger vagabondblogger said...

Amazing photos - really nice.

4:58 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jenny, I just loved the pictures of the Bazaar - stunning. I want to come over and see them for myself.
Hugs and blessings Sue/Cottesloe - Squilters and QDUfrfxosb

8:47 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't really think of myself as an inveterate shopper yet when I travel I end up spending a lot of time shopping - your pictures demonstrate why. Who could resist such wonderful things? I want to go back to Istanbul NOW!
Jennifer

2:00 am  
Blogger Liz Plummer said...

Glorious photos. We went to Turkey for our honeymoon and your photos brought it back!

3:10 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My dad went to Istanbul the photos are breath taking i so want to go their.

7:27 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Artful Quilters Web Ring
Previous | Next | Random
Join | List
Powered by RingSurf