Monday, March 09, 2009

Thanks from Alice

Alice has sent me a letter to put up for everyone. At the last count she had about 120 parcels. I will let her tell you.

This is her letter.

To Jenny and Scquilters and Friends,

We are presently renting a two bedroom house in Buxton (our own home having been destroyed by fire). The second bedroom is bursting at the seams with quilting fabrics and quilting accoutrements, everything from pins and needles to cutting boards, coffee cups and crayons. The room is overflowing, my heart is soothed and delighted by your kindness and notes of comfort and both Jan and I are overwhelmed by the gifts and your outpouring of care and concern.

Jan is still taking delivery of the parcels, and very kindly records each giver's name and gifts. I feel quite unable to reply to each so I am hoping all the girls in America, New Zealand, Australia, Scotland, and England who have sent parcels will read this and know my thanks are plentiful and sincere.

My next task (when I finish unpacking) is to find a venue and invite interested quilters to come and partake of these gifts. We are hoping to be given space at the Marysville Golf Course, the clubhouse has been converted to a centre for community reconstruction.

Today I will send to "The Triangle News" a news item coving the story of your generosity hoping it will reach all the quilters and 'would-be' quilters in this area so devastated by the fires.

With much love and gratitude to Jenny and all who responded so warmly.

Alice, Buxton.

6 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie Newman said...

Jenny, This is so great to read- so glad all our gatherings can be of use to Alice and her new quilting buddies. Imagine what they may create with the content of all 120 boxes!
Cheers,
Stephanie

5:14 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree they will create nice stuff in coming time. This will be amazing.

5:02 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was a pleasure making up a 'care package' of quilty bits! I hope they will be enjoyed and more importantly Alice and her friends will know they are not forgotten, we are thinking of them and their families. Christine

2:11 am  
Blogger Judy said...

Jenny & Alice.

The pleasure was mine as well as yours. Good luck to your future group of quilters.

4:04 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jenny, have just finished reading your entire blog for the second time. Thankyou! Will look forward to your 10 best things to do in Egypt when time permits. Egypt got under my skin and I often go there in my head. Sometime I will return. Anne

12:30 pm  
Blogger kaiteM said...

what a wonderful textile blessing for Alice and her community. I was so pleased to be able to contribute to such an inspirational idea.

10:46 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Artful Quilters Web Ring
Previous | Next | Random
Join | List
Powered by RingSurf