Friday, October 05, 2007

I wish - that there was a website which offered a service to print off an entire blog and mail it to me!

I want mine, and my son's! I would love to have both bound as books!

Check out Sam's - now finished but a great read.

http://tourbilon.blogspot.com/

I have searched but cannot find such a thing.

I wish also that the business I have considered starting - called www.faults on me.com or www.meaculpa.com - was being operated somewhere.

This business will mail gifts, or send flowers to those you have loved and forgotten. When you contact them in panic they will organise the gift along with a very apologetic note that claims the flowers (or gift) was actually ordered two weeks ago and went missing in their computer system - or an employee was on leave and no-one checked his mail - or whatever - but THEY take the blame.

Wouldn't that be a terrific internet business??

But - I really really want the printing service. I am scared Blogger will die one day and I will lose a lot of the early posts that I did not copy to my mail as I didn't know how then!

Jenny

7 Comments:

Blogger Dy said...

Jenny, re getting your blog printed, have a look here - http://www.blurb.com/create/book/
I've only recently downloaded this but it looks like it has potential.

10:07 pm  
Blogger Del said...

I agree, Jenny. I was so excited when I discovered the online company www.blogbinders.com. However, they only printed the text, not the photos in a blog - an important component of Blogging.
I just checked them and found they are out of business. Guess others felt as I felt.

9:23 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good news Jenny, there are blog printing services around including:
* Blurb Booksmart;
* www.blogprinting.com - not Blogger compatible; and
* HP Blog Printing Tools - also not Blogger compatible.
I will be interested to see if any of your other readers come up with services and what their experience has been.

3:12 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alas, Blurb Booksmart is not the solution I thought it might be even if it is Blogger compatible software. It puts each blog post on a new page (fine for long posts but not for fly by blogging) and offers little flexibility on how to display photos while still keeping them in sequence with your blog posts. Back to the drawing board...

7:37 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

www.lulu.com does self-publishing, so if you do the work of formatting with text and images, you can order as many or as few copies as you want. not blog-specific, but possibly just what you're looking for.

5:48 am  
Blogger Christine Thresh said...

I, too, worry that blogger will stop someday. I can't understand why it is free. I like the simplicity of using it. It is so much easier than updating my web pages. I don't understand how Google makes any money providing this service.
Perhaps one day they will announce that payment is required. I guess I would pony up.

2:19 am  
Blogger Ozjane said...

Time consuming, but is it worth doing a cut and paste at the end of each blog and pasting it into word...maybe doing one from the beginning in another folder to catch up.........
or am I being ridiculously simplistic?

1:07 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Artful Quilters Web Ring
Previous | Next | Random
Join | List
Powered by RingSurf